Washington State Model United Nations (WASMUN) hosts the Pacific Northwest’s largest and oldest high school Model United Nations conference, held annually in the beautiful Seattle, WA. Founded in 2000, WASMUN is committed to developing students into informed global citizens by facilitating interactive simulations of United Nations bodies, wherein students analyze, discuss, debate, and address salient issues facing the international community. WASMUN is staffed entirely by volunteers, most of whom are students or alumni of the University of Washington and other Washington State colleges. WASMUN is a non-profit organization registered with the State of Washington and is affiliated with Model United Nations at the University of Washington, a student organization.
By the end of this conference we hope that each and every delegate can:
- Understand the mechanics and functions of the United Nations;
- Articulate what they learned during the conference;
- Gain a greater understanding of international relations and affairs;
- Improve their public speaking, research, and writing skills and;
- Cooperate and collaborate with others effectively towards a common goal.